- Guest Blogger Hiren Mistry, Nuffield Research Placement Student working at the University of Northampton. How to use a PS3 Controller to...
- In this series of posts, I am going to look at experimenting with a few tools that allow robots to be simulated, programmed, these are ide...
- In previous posts ( post 1 , post 2 ) I have raved over the brilliant combination of Mozilla's AFrame and Jerome Etienne's fantastic...
- Dr Scott Turner Director of Computing at Canterbury Christ Church University , Kent and a Code Club Volunteer. Age Range 10-14 ye...
- This post discusses a project that I want to play with since finding out the new Microbit V2 has an built in microphone - this is to use the...
- I am going to try to persuade you that using A-Frame it is not hard to do some simple Augmented Reality (AR) for free, via a browser, but th...
- The microbit is a great piece of kit, not least of which because of the range of programming languages and tools that can be used with it - ...
- For a few years, I have been a fan of Aframe and AR.js - these are fantastic tools for creating web-based Virtual and Augmented Reality. No...
- I was asked recently if the USB robot arm could be programmed - I knew the answer was yes. The Arm came from the CBiS Education Robot Arm ...
- You can control servos (small ones) from a Micro:Bit directly. Following a link from the David Whale (Twitter @ whaleygeek ) , thank you, t...
With the sad news that Anki is shutting down ( https://www.vox.com/2019/4/29/18522966/anki-robot-cozmo-staff-layoffs-robotics-toys-boris-sofman ) I thought it was time I start playing with the SDK for the Vector robot. In this short post, I providing a quick overview of getting going with this with a simple program based on the tutorials Anki provide. Installation I am using a Mac (more details are available here https://developer.anki.com/vector/docs/install-macos.html ) but there are instructions for Windows and Linux. - You need the Vector to have been set-up previous on a tablet, and an account set-up on the Anki Cloud. - Install Homebrew - available here https://brew.sh/ - Using Homebrew to install Python3 brew install python3 -Now install the SDK python3 - m pip install -- user anki_vector - Lst but not least configure the set-up python3 - m anki_vector . configure - that is it. The configuration tool tells you where the serial...






Comments
Post a Comment