With the sad news that Anki is shutting down ( https://www.vox.com/2019/4/29/18522966/anki-robot-cozmo-staff-layoffs-robotics-toys-boris-sofman ) I thought it was time I start playing with the SDK for the Vector robot. In this short post, I providing a quick overview of getting going with this with a simple program based on the tutorials Anki provide. Installation I am using a Mac (more details are available here https://developer.anki.com/vector/docs/install-macos.html ) but there are instructions for Windows and Linux. - You need the Vector to have been set-up previous on a tablet, and an account set-up on the Anki Cloud. - Install Homebrew - available here https://brew.sh/ - Using Homebrew to install Python3 brew install python3 -Now install the SDK python3 - m pip install -- user anki_vector - Lst but not least configure the set-up python3 - m anki_vector . configure - that is it. The configuration tool tells you where the serial...
Robots and getting computers to work with the physical world is fun; this blog looks at my own personal experimenting and building in this area.


Thanks.....
ReplyDeleterobot kit
Robotics in Education
Educational robotics