This is not the only alternative software, the Tynker App can also control it.
This is also a graphical drag and drop programming tool, that you can connect certain 'toys' to. Though the App itself is about developing programming skills.
The Sphero BB-8 Droid can be connected to Tynker (or how I did it anyway) by:
- Clicking on the Create button on the opening screen;
- Clicking on Blank Template;
- Deleting the 'Actor' that has there and clicking on the + button in the top right hand corner of the screen;
- Clicking on connected toys and selecting the grey ball;
- On the main screen it should say spherobot with a code button at the side, click on the button;
- You should get a screen with some code for changing the colour shown and then moving in a square- you can change this for your own code.
All opinions in this blog are the Author's and should not in any way be seen as reflecting the views of any organisation the Author has any association with.