- The latest version of Raspbian, at the time of writing Jessie (https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/)
- Import the following
- sudo apt-get install python-twython
- sudo pip3 install explorehat
- sudo pip3 install gpiozero
It needs a lot more work, not least of which is a moving head under seperate motor control but it is a start.
Playing with the PiCamera and a button attached to the GPIO, I came up with a simple system that everytime the button is pressed a image is captured this was based on the activities and worksheets at PiCademy. The extra was the tweak concerning providing a different filename each time. Essentially:
- create a string with most of the filename and path ('/home/pi/Desktop/image');
- include a count of how many pictures have been taken and convert that to a string (str(count));
- add the file extension ('.jpg');
- combine them and use them as the filename.
The whole code is shown here.
All opinions in this blog are the Author's and should not in any way be seen as reflecting the views of any organisation the Author has any association with.